7.19.2008

YEA! Our living room is painted. We purchased paint on the 4th of July and spent most of the 5th painting. Last weekend was hectic so on Sunday (07/13) after church we headed straight home and continued with the task. This afternoon we completed the project. We love the way that it turned out. The colors look wonderful and tone down the awful carpet. Also pictured is the bamboo spice rack that David made out of bamboo trays we found on clearance also on the 4th. All in all the house is really starting to look great! We had dinner with 13 friends (and 7 of their children) last night at the Mexican restaurant not far from here. Afterwards we did a general invitation to hang out at our place. On the way home, with 8 people following us, I told David "We should tell them they're here to paint." We didn't but everyone loved the blue lines we'd taped for the fireplace accent wall. It wasn't completed last night but we figured we'd do the last minute invite anyway. It's fun to have such good friends again! While David and I have been quite content to live our lives with just the two of us, we'd forgotten how much additional friendships (aside from one another and long distance friendships) can enrich our life.

On Wednesday (07/16) I took my first exam for my second accounting course of the summer. Afterwards, my girlfriend brought her four kids over to swim. They were here only a few hours but when they left I felt as though I'd been on a mini-vacation. It was so nice to simply sit around in the pool and on the deck and visit in the sunshine. It's not so unbearably hot when you're in a bathing suit in a pool! Having a little color (some pink, some tan) on my face and arms only enhances the feeling of having been on vacation. Knowing I made an "A" (152/150~!!) on that first exam allowed me to breathe easier. I really like to start a course strongly so that at the end of the class, when I'm starting to loose interest (short attention span!) and I'm getting weary I don't have to work as hard to maintain a good grade, or worse work extra hard to make up for poor grades from the beginning of class.

Anyway, I should run, David's waiting on me so we can watch a movie and relax together this evening!

Happy picture viewing~

No comments: