8.04.2008


Hurricane Preparedness.


I ran to Wal*Mart on my way home from school today. We were out of half and half (*scream*) and needed meat for the dogs. While there I realized that everyone was cramming as much water as they could fit into their carts. I bumped into a lady from church. She said that the hurricane was going to hit Galveston head on. We'll see about all that. I already had some bottled water so I bought a few bottles of juice. That's about it. When I got home, I started brewing coffee. Because, let's be honest here, what really matters is whether or not we have Starbucks. We enjoy it chilled, so I'm brewing it, then bottling it and putting in the fridge. I did fill up a pitcher of water as well but the coffee is the concern at the moment. It kind of sounds as though there's a possibility that we'll loose power. Which, being that it's a heat index of 101 and only 3pm, will be miserable. Hopefully we'll just get lots of much needed rain and nothing more. We'll keep you posted. Time to brew another pot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look like you guys were ready. All you need is a little bit of Starbucks to get you through a hurricane. :) Nice coffee grinder too. Alicia and I got the exact same one for our wedding. And we have put it to very good use. :)

David and Becca W said...

Yeah it's pretty much amazing. David got it for Christmas from my parents. We were using the hand held, single grind type that was loud and dirty. We got a serious upgrade. Like going from an old junky pick up to a sleek new Ferrari. Nice.