3.16.2009

Spring Break

Today I got back to the grind. Spring Break is over for me although it didn't feel to "springish" with our having rain for most of the week. (Ironically it's supposed to be gorgeous this week with sunshine and high 70's)

David and I did lots of relaxing and sitting around. We accomplished quite a bit in the removal of our pool/deck and ssplurged on a nice dinner out for our anniversary. Now we are both back to the books. David's in a course (paid for by CBI!!) that's an intensive 8.5 day class capped off with a huge - day long - exam. We were both doing homework Sunday after church. I baked cookies while we got ready for the week. David took FOUR this morning (he needed two for coffee and two for after lunch) - at that rate he's going to run out before week end. I'm in the middle of an eight page paper, a power point, presentation and exam preparation - all for one class. The other five have equal amounts of ridiculousness piled up as well.

The crazy thing is - I'm already looking at summer courses. *GAG* We talked a lot about what we should do for the summer. I'm not sure we're decided but we are thinking about taking a class or two for Summer I and then taking Summer II off. I'd have about a two week break between finals from this semester and the start of Summer I. They offer a couple of classes at the University Center so I would not have the hour drive to campus, making summer classes more doable. If I go straight through the summer I'd be done in a year. Taking off Summer II will add a semester to my graduation date. I'm MORE THAN READY to graduate but I'm also weary from my 18 hours and other responsibilities. We'll keep you posted on decisions. ;-)

David will be OLD on Friday - 30! We are postponing a huge party until the following weekend because he has classes on Saturday. Only turn 30 once so we're inviting friends/neighbors to swing by and eat something off the grill and hang out. We were hoping to have the yard completed in time but it looks like probably not. David will only have Sunday off of class this weekend and we had rain for most of the break... Both of us will have loads of homework in the evenings so the yard project is on hold for a while. Now I'm just hoping the yard will dry out enough to walk on without squishing through the mud.

(Note: Scratch doesn't look any happier than I am about getting back to the books. He liked having David around all week - and lots of attention from both of us. The dogs know that when the books are out there will be little attention given.)

1 comment:

sarah said...

Is your yard dry yet?! :-) Happy birthday to your man. I am having the hardest time getting back into the groove after spring break! No classes, plus a break from work and time in Colorado...oi vei!