6.30.2009

Consumed

Of late I have been completely immersed in finding "safe" foods for Hubs to eat. Including snack items until I have time to ensure all of my staples are safe and start cooking. I plan on making granola and granola bars tomorrow. It's all and well and fine for now but when school starts I'm not sure just WHAT we are going to do. I haven't seen a granola recipe yet that froze well. And as I don't add preservatives they have a relatively short shelf life.

None the less.

I am going to try and keep this blog for something other than the allergies and frustrations related to them as I have an entire blog dedicated to it.

The heat is getting unbearable. There was a slight break. The first day we didn't break 100 in a couple of weeks. We are still seeing a 30% chance of rain through most of tomorrow but it looks nothing like rain here now.

I have been watering our lawn. I noticed today that we have mandatory odd/even watering restrictions. Not sure how they enforce that. I have been doing my front lawn on one night and the back the next. It's a pain but when we finally get rain I want the ground to absorb it rather than have it roll around and be evaporated.

Typically I would work a 3 day week. Last week I worked each day and this week I will work Monday thru Thursday. Lori has been sick and so I have been needed a little more. She's a pleasure to be with but I am still tired. Haven't had as much time to get things done around the house so I will have to play catch up this weekend.

David and I are having a brunch on Saturday morning. It was something of a family tradition of David's growing up. We are having some friends from church and some neighbors over. I am making from scratch cinnamon rolls that David loves. A breakfast casserole that my mom always made on Christmas and a fruit salad. We haven't gotten much further than that on the menu but we are looking forward to having everyone over.

No comments: