3.16.2011

2011 Road Trip * ARIZONA

We drove Northwest from Big Bend, through the SW corner of NM and then due North through AZ. It was fun to see so much of the state. We camped at Catalina State Park for two nights to give ourselves and the pups a break from the truck. We had originally planned on having a hotel room in Tucson but the weather was so perfect we skipped the room in favor of a very nice state park. It had great amenities and we hiked much of the two days we were there. The weather was perfect - high 70's during the peak and about 30 at night. It was also very busy. The retirees were out in full force and David and I eyed all the campers and talked about selling the house and going on the road full time. Maybe in a few years. There's a huge selection of campers. From little bitty pop ups to mobile home sized monstrosities. We really liked the little mini-Airstream types.


The atmosphere in Tucson was remarkably easy on my lungs. I couldn't believe the difference in my ability to breath while there. My allergies and asthma have been pretty bad since living in KS and then here in TX. I did have relief while we were in Seattle also but it was pretty cool being able to hike for hours and feel great.


We also stopped by an In & Out while we were there. It was the first time we had eaten out on the trip and we decided that the fries and milkshake were the best bets so we shared one shake and two fries. David didn't get sick but I did. I imagine it was cross contamination considering it's a beef joint. The girl taking our order couldn't believe we were skipping the burgers.... we didn't get into it with her but there was no way David or I could have eaten a burger and gotten away with it for the rest of the day.


We checked out Phoenix en route to the Grand Canyon but only passed through. We didn't do much sight seeing or anything.



(I'm going to keep posting about our trip over the next few days - weeks??? - but I started a full time job Monday and we are adjusting to the new schedule and I won't have as much time to blog so bear with us. I'll also write more about the job at some point but I like order so first I'm working my way through our trip.)

For more pictures click here

No comments: