3.21.2008

So it was David's Bday yesterday. It's the first one that he's had that we haven't been together for a long time! I think it was harder on me than him though. Birthdays aren't that exciting for him anymore but I think it's WONDERFUL that David has a Birthday! =-)

I had a cake delivered to the hotel that David was staying. I found out after the order had been placed, that they were probably working all night. Nice. Chocolate cake is just what he'd want after being awake for over 24 hours. So I called his co-workers and someone went to the hotel, picked it up and delivered it to the job site. I'm not sure what we'll do when he gets home (hopefully in the next several hours!!). Sometimes he wants to grill steaks, sometimes he wants to have me make a roast or something.

Easter is right around the corner. One of my favorite holidays I think. But then I think I say that about whichever Holiday is almost here! The weather has been great. High 70's to low 80's during the day and lower 60's at night. The flowers are blooming, we have pink azaleas or some thing in the yard that we've not yet seen.

The pollen is also TERRIBLE. Despite the great weather I'm having to keep the doors/windows closed because of my allergies. I had left a few windows open for a few days for fresh air. When I closed them and wiped the sills the cleaning rag came away a distinct yellow. Gross. No wonder I can't breath and have a stuffy nose. It's the pine trees now. Neighbors say it'll be the rose something or others next. It does a number in the pool too. I have to backwash the filter daily.

Anyway, I should probably run to the grocery. David'll be home soon and there's no milk, juice, meat... He's been gone two weeks and I've gone back to the single eating habits of crackers with peanutbutter (the kind that come in a package) and top ramen. I haven't had the energy to cook while taking a class, working and keeping up with the dogs. One is whining now in fact. Probably past their dinner time!

No comments: