2.18.2008

Looking forward: I am starting classes on March 17. The school has mini-mester courses and there's one that I need. My current plan is to work part time with Desktop Assistance and attend classes. I have all of the courses completed that I can take with out being in an actual nursing program, so as I apply to the nursing program I am going to complete a Business degree. The college closest to home has a VERY competative, nursing program. Very few applicants are accepted on their first attempt. I don't expect to be one of those! I am considering re-taking a course or two from my LeTourneau ('99-'00)/Shoreline ('00) days in an effort to make A's, and better my chance of being accepted in the following year. I have a 3.4 GPA from TJC ('03-'04) and a 4.0 from Waubonsee ('06). Not nearly so high from the other two!


When I met with the career counciler concerning my business degree he asked me what my plan was for the next year or so until degree completion. I told him "live off my husband!" He thought that was hillarious. I was thankful for the opportunity to work part time with Desktop. I like the actual work I'm doing for them. Also, the office location is scheduled to move in a few months so the dreaded commute will be cut from 45 mins to 15 mins.
David will probably continue to travel weekly or bi-weekly with his job. He enjoys the business trips and we like it when he comes home! His co-workers are envious of his fresh home made brownies, bread or cookies that are waiting for him when he gets home. Eventually, probably when I get a great job making a million dollars, David would like to get his Masters in Materials, or Metelurgy or something along those lines. There isn't really a school in this area that offers anything like that.
I plan on completing the yard project. Hopefully with in the next few weeks. I can't believe how time consuming it is! All those rocks and patio blocks and junk is heavey. The yard is pretty soft right now though after all the rain we've been getting so it makes it easier on the shovel!

(In front of porch, only about 1/2 finished, and still with no grass!)

No comments: