6.03.2008

On Friday May 30th I took my Philosophy final. I found out just now that I made an "A" in the class. I'm a little stunned because I thought I would end up with something more along the lines of a really high "B." However, I am also thrilled. Obviously.
286 pages of complicated reading.
5 days a week.
3 weeks.
3 hours a day.
3 exams.
2 quizzes on 11 days of class.
1 quiz on 1 day of class.
1 final.
1 "life philosophy" essay.
I'm glad it's over.

Yesterday started the beginning of my 6 week accounting course. I think I'm going to love it. The instructor is from New Jersey, she sounds a lot like home. (I'm originally from CT for those that don't know.) While I call where ever David is home, I say I'm from Seattle. "Home" can mean many things though. When I say Mrs. S sounds like home I mean that she has similar speech patterns to that of my mothers side of the family. Also I have had a friend for 27 years that shares the speech patterns and accent.

Memorial Day weekend was wonderful. I ignored my Philosophy homework for two solid days. We had 2 college friends, 1 friend we met through before mentioned college friends and two new friends come and stay with us for the long weekend. It's always nice to have friends you've known a while come and just 'be' with you. We mostly spent the weekend relaxing. They arrive Friday and David was out of town. I was exhausted from work/school so I went to bed pretty quick. On Saturday I made pancakes and waffles and this delicious bacon we get from a butcher. Then we just chilled all day. Games, reading, napping. It was very nice. David got home Saturday late afternoon so we all went swimming. The pools a pain to keep up but it's nice to have. We don't have pool hours. We don't have a bunch of obnoxious kids running around. We have a 6 foot privacy fence. Sunday our friends did home church. David and I slipped out to our community group (like adult Sunday school) that we love. New friends from church joined the seven of us for lunch and games. With a total of nine I did a large nacho/taco bar. I browned and seasoned four pounds of ground beef. Then I fixed rice (rice cooker!!!! I highly recommend them), made guacamole, heated and seasoned Black Beans, Pinto Beans and Re-fried Beans. Chopped onions, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, olives.... I think the reader is getting the point. Oh and I made a sharp cheddar cheese fondue for the nacho cheese. Yummy. It was hit. The whole thing. We played games and ate Ice Cream Cake (i made it) and pies (Our friend B made them) with ice cream and just fellowshiped. It was very nice. Our friends took off Monday for the zoo (free, Memorial Day!) so David decided to take me on a date for Brunch! It was very nice. We haven't been out in a while because of time/money. Then I buckled down to my Philosophy studies and David went tile shopping. He got a steal of a deal on tile and picked up enough to do both bathrooms and the laundry room. Now to get all the linoleum off........

I guess that's enough for now!! Steaks were on sale today ($2.99 a pound!!!) so I'm going to season them for David to put on the grill when he gets home. And of course, I have loads of homework!!

No comments: