10.01.2008

OCTOBER 01, 2008

One year. David, well, I have been in our house for one year. Technically David stayed two nights in our home then left on a four week business trip. So he's been here 11 months if we want to get particular. Never the less we mark a year of home ownership today. It's exciting. Sometimes we feel like kids playing house but we enjoy figuring things our for ourselves and making things work. I guess I expected we would accomplish more in the house in a year but I didn't figure I'd only work part time and pay out of state tuition for a year either. =-) All in all we're doing well. We've painted the master bath and bed room as well as the living/dining rooms. We've updated the flooring in the master bath from junky linoleum to beautiful tile. And we've replaced some of the lighting in the living room.
To do:
1. paint the rest of the house which will include stripping wall paper in the kitchen
2. tile the spare bath and laundry room
3. lay wood (preferably bamboo) flooring in the main living areas
4. replace the carpet in the bedrooms.

We'll get there and find additional things along the way I'm sure.
So Happy One Year to us.

No comments: