10.26.2008

On Saturday afternoon David and I voted. We went up and waited in line for a few minutes then pushed our name choices and left. David's first vote (I know - how did I end up with a guy that has never voted???) and an interesting one at that. While we were walking up to vote I chatted with an Obama supporter. How'd I know he was an Oba-man? He was holding a huge sign. The couple in front of us were wearing McCain/Palin shirts. They weren't allowed to vote while wearing the shirts. A quick inside out shirt trick and they were pushing the McCain/Palin button. I wondered aloud to David if it had been an O shirt if they would have done the same. We visited with friends that evening that had also voted. While they were there, a man wearing an O shirt went in, with the shirt on right side out, and voted. It's crazy how slanted things have been. A man in front of us voted and walked out saying "God help us." This is probably one of the most important elections of our time. I hope that everyone that reads this regularly is going to vote if they haven't already. I urge everyone to go and vote. I think it took us a total of 30 mins from when we pulled into the parking lot until we pulled out of the lot. That was with my little discussion with Oba-man. Crazy nut burger. He thought that because he only made $40k a year he was some how going to not have part of his salary taken and given to someone that doesn't work. I'm sorry, since when did people making $40k a year not pay taxes??? Anyway, he chose the wrong day to picket the election line. VOTE!

1 comment:

sarah said...

I've been having issues trying to figure out where to vote - it's annoying when you move - just because you update your address on the driver's license doesn't automatically mean your registered o vote in a new district. It's like pulling hair sometimes! huff!!
:)
sj

p.s. have you seen a picture circulating with the face of obama but the hairstyle and glasses of palin? it's actually sort of funny - wonder if they would let me vote if I had that on my shirt??