12.04.2008

Longest Standing Friendship

I have been friends with Jamie for nearly 30 years. She lived in the house that was behind ours in CT. When I was about 9 we moved to FL but Jamie was a faithful friend. Mostly, I think, she made the effort especially when we were young to stay in touch. Here we are just today visiting in Nacogdoches, TX. Jamie's mother now lives in LA (Louisiana not Los Angeles) and she, her husband, her son and her brother were down for the week. This morning Scratch (for company and because he likes rides) and I left the house early to meet her 1/2 way between our house and Jamie's mom's house. There wasn't much to Nacogdoches but we had a nice time. Charlie, her son, and Scratch played at the park and we had lunch together then visited the local Harley shop. Jamie's husband, mom and step-dad all own Harley's. My dad does as well so it was a fun place to look around in. Scratch and Charlie got along great and it was so nice to catch up on the news with my old friend. (more pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=66273&l=752cd&id=678116408)

No comments: