5.04.2009

Finish line in sight

15 weeks of classes down, one to go. Three exams tomorrow back to back, then a project is due, a test tomorrow, and a test Thursday to round out my last week of classes. Then finals. *Hopefully* I will be taking only 4/6 finals. Two of my professors have said that they would drop our lowest exam score - including the final so if we choose to skip the final it's a 0 and it's dropped. Nice. If I do well - even if I do only mediocre I won't have to sit for the final. I am praying that will be the case. If I have to take all the finals I will have two 8am finals (one Tuesday and one Thursday). On Wednesday night I have a final from 8-10 PM. Yes, at night - not a typo. For those of you that know me - I am lucky to be up after 9pm never mind functioning. It will be really hard to be taking that final (which is going to be taken - it is required and CAN NOT be missed) and then turn around for an 8am-er.

David and I sat on the couch for a minute after dinner. I told him I was weary. Just tired. Not "I stayed up too late over the weekend" tired but bone weary want a week of no responsibilities tired. I'm hoping to make a large batch of granola and some bread following finals. We have been eating boxed cereal and basic white bread (it's home made but I typically make more complicated bread with bolder flavors and textures). Rough life I know.

I have been working out and watching intakes to some degree for about two weeks now. I have noticed a difference in how I feel but have lacked a reference point for physical improvement. (We intentionally do not have a scale in the house.) David took pictures yesterday. I was surprised by two things: One, a year without a gym membership hasn't made HUGE, or terribly DRASTIC changes to my body (thankfully) but Two: my arms are fat. Yuck. I haven't really had a way to work those muscles until two weeks ago (I'm glad I didn't see them two weeks ago).

The bachelor pad down the street is a prime place to borrow workout DVD's so I have been doing P90X for a few days now. I can hardly walk today after doing the legs and back work out yesterday. Holy Cow. It's a great workout. David is in the process of installing a pull-up bar for me. From the ceiling. I didn't like the "doorway" versions and wanted one from the ceiling. Hubs is after that task in a hurry. Will post pics of weight room when installation is complete. Thus far it's taken the better part of two evenings.

No comments: