4.28.2009

Flooding.

We experienced flooding in our neighborhood. Thankfully our street was the least flooded. I have pictures from our street here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92050&id=678116408&l=c16fc8e140

We are OK, our Puppies are great, our home is fine, our vehicles are fine. And the sun is shining.

It was a little scary to come home, as usual for a quick lunch before my next class, and see vehicles abandoned at the corner entrance to our neighborhood. Then cars flooded up to their windows in the streets off the main drag. I called my neighbor and asked if my house was flooded. I had a brief moment of panic that I would arrive to our home and find our dogs sitting in three inches of water. Thankfully not at all the case but the street and yard were under. I called David "Hey so the water is above the curb and I'm heading home..." He said he thought I would make it - the Xterra has one of the highest clearances in it's class. Ha. Wow. I was tired coming home but I'm feeling pretty jazzed now. ;0)

No comments: