7.10.2009

SNAKE

A few mornings ago I opened the back door and allowed Sunny to pass. A typical, daily routine. Many times a day to be precise. She was already out the door when I saw the snake. It didn't have a problem with Sunshine passing but when I stepped out to attempt a better picture the bugger took off. So, does anyone know what type of snake this is??? Our backyard is currently a haven for snakes. Unintentionally mind you. David really doesn't like snakes. They don't much bother me but I realize we have many poisonous snakes here so I attempt to be cautious.

2 comments:

Julie said...

well its head is bigger than its body, so i think its poisonous...

sarah said...

looks like either a Broad-banded water snake or an Eastern hog-nosed snake . Both are prevelant in south texas and both are harmless. Poisonous snakes will typically have a lighter body with darker spots. This is the opposite, a darker body with light spots.

:)