2.06.2010

Long Over Due

It appears I have neglected "our" poor blog. Time has been something that has come up short on a regular basis over here and thus certain things, such as blogging, have been pushed to the side for a time. We volunteer with an organization that, starting early December, has required a lot of our time. In the interest of privacy we can't give too many details but a large chunk of my time is spent in ministry now and it's added another activity to juggle with homework and everything else.

David and I stayed home for Christmas. We had a nice dinner with friends who are also without family in the area. We hope to be able to travel this year for the Holidays as I will no longer be taking classes and will *hopefully* be working. We shall see what Nov 2010 and Dec 2010 bring.

I am still working for a family part time and David holds the same job. David did very little traveling in 2009 until the end of the year when it picked up again. He's been going out of town just about every week this year. My class schedule is another (but last!!!) full load. Thankfully, I am LOVING my two accounting classes. The last two I took I was not very excited about at all. I think it was a combination of subject/professor. I have income tax accounting and cost accounting this semester. First out of four exams for cost is on Tuesday!!

As graduation quickly approaches (Lord, that I would not just survive but that I would excel, Amen.) in May I am starting to look at job options. I am interested in working some place with maybe not such a huge salary but nice benefits. We're thinking airlines and hotels. Because we have family EVERYWHERE and we both love to travel. It'd be nice to get free or reduced rates on air fare and/or hotel rooms.

We will celebrate 5 years of marriage in March!! We can't believe how quickly time has flown. And we still like each other!! Yea for us. ;) Our fingers are crossed on celebrating my graduation, our anniversary and Birthdays this year with a trip of some sort following graduation in mid-May. Although David's going to need a month of days off for all the things we'd like to do. A wedding in IA over Spring Break, a trip to the NE to see family in the summer and a vacation this year..... We'll also need a Swiss bank account, lol.

Temps have gone below freezing several times and we lost the majority of our garden. We did get some nice carrots, jalapenos and green beans though. Hopefully our Spring garden, going in soon and for which we have planted seeds in the house already, will yield more.

Scratch was officially diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has been medicated about 3 or so months. It's amazing the difference in his appearance and energy level. He's the same dog just thinner, with tons more fur and a bundle of energy. He was also up to 116 pounds. So we weigh about the same. Which I find hilarious. Sunshine is loving her early morning (we're talking 4:30am, early) runs with David. She's a mess without them.


*Up-date on David's allergies

No comments: