7.29.2010

POSTING

Of late I have been posting on Hubs Allergy Blog or rather, my blog about Hubs allergies. We are exploring food combining, working on the house and just enjoying quiet evenings where I don't have to study or go to class and we don't have to work on the house. We aren't quite done with the base board finishing work but the house is livable and I'm searching for a small, inexpensive table to fit in the kitchen. We moved the dining table to the "dining" room area and the pups are in the study. Now we have a large empty space waiting on my great find. I had a garage sale with my friend and sold all my plastic kitchen stuff, some old clothing, an old vacuum and a few other items. It's amazing what a person will buy at a garage sale. Now I have a tiny wad of cash to get my table with. Which will probably mean another wood working project for Hubs with my goofy budget.

I have also put in a request for a small sturdy bench to put near the front door. David and I both prefer to be barefoot. We basically take our shoes off at the door. I'd like a little bench one could sit on and remove their shoes then tuck them underneath on a shelf. Something as basic as this or even one similar to this. Or maybe something in the middle such as this. I'm not sure if David will be making it or I'll be purchasing it but either way I see a garage sale in the future. ;)

The living room still isn't totally back together but when it is I'll post pics.

We're looking forward to our quick trip to Seattle in a few weeks. My brothers still live there and my parents and sister are heading that way at the same time. The 7 of us haven't been together since our wedding in 03.2005. It'll be great to hang out again. A very generous friend of the family opened their home for all of us to stay. Should be fun - I'm hoping to connect with some of my old friends as well but we'll see - it's going to be a quick trip. David's running out of vacation time and we don't want our neighbor to have to watch our dogs for too long.

The pictures today are of my poor naked kitchen nook and the dogs waiting on David to get home from work. When it's about that time they both like to lay facing the door. Sunny usually checks out the window a few times and they always hear his truck. Yesterday they both wanted the pillow next to the sofa so I put them both side by side and everyone was happy. I made the pillows for the doggies out of duck cloth and my sewing machine. When I went looking for some I nearly fell over at the price. Armed with coupons I went to Joannes and Michael's and made these wonderful, washable doggie beds that fit in with our living room color and are big enough for Scratch to be comfortable. He's always put out when they are in the wash and he has to scrounge about for a place to lay his weary buns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarahjo said...

hey use code 121728 and get 10% on overstock.com :)

sarah jo

Julie Kieras said...

Hey guys! I like that you have this blog b/c I can see what cool things you guys are up to! I tagged you in a blog post! Please feel free to respond! :)http://www.ayearwithmomanddad.com/2010/09/this-is-me-8-questions.html