8.17.2012

Playing catch-up

Yikes. All that laundry. At least it's clean... I'd go in shake my head and say "Dang it the laundry still has not folded itself!" and drop another load on it.

This doesn't happen in my house for the record. In nearly 8 years of marriage I have never done this. But it's evidence of my week. Over the weekend we ran up to Seattle. My grandparents, Aunt and parents were up there visiting my brothers, sis (in-law) and niece. Nothing like the first (and only) great-grand to draw the East Coast to the West Coast...

A quick visit up and then home late morning Sunday. I am taking the rest of my Anatomy and Physiology sequence. Here they have a three course sequence. They offer it in 3.5 week increments. My A&P courses expired several years ago and I had started taking them in TX. I want to apply to nursing schools this Fall so I enrolled in two of the three (I'd already completed the first) courses. The final for lab was Monday. The final for lecture was Tuesday and A&P3 started Wednesday. I decided that laundry could wait. I kept running the washer and dryer because that's the time consuming part of doing laundry but doesn't require much of my time. This morning I spent 30 minutes folding and putting away this huge pile... hum. I had no idea Hubs and I had so much underwear. To be fair this pile does include a light quilt and a queen size set of sheets... but still. eek.

Cookies have been made. Mayo has been whipped up. Apartment has been vacuumed. Now time to mop my equally neglected floors. Oh and water my deck garden... Which I have been happily eating lettuce from several times a week. I have cucumber flowers, most of which appear to be male which means they won't actually turn into cukes. I have a few flower buds that appear to be female but it's tough to tell until they flower. It'd be sad to have the plants grow so well and not actually produce!




No comments: