6.14.2008

Lately I've been fascinated with relationships. How it is that some people are drawn to one another while others not so much and still others repelled. Last night I attended a Ladies Coffee at our church with a new friend. David and I had been regularly attending this church and community group since about November. While we have really enjoyed the services and group we haven't found another couple that we have just instantly clicked with. B & J started attending only a few weeks, perhaps 6 or so, ago. The four of us instantly clicked. We've done several things with them over the last couple of weeks and look forward to continuing this friendship.

The coffee last night was, coincidentally, about personalities. Understanding our own and those around us and using that information to be more considerate of what people in our lives need. It was fascinating. An interesting detail, B (the husband of the couple) and I are very similar. We are both decisive and fun loving. Spontaneous and out going. Our spouses are very much the opposite. David and J do enjoy having a good time, but they are quiet, more contained and shy. David and B went and played pool together while J and I were at the church. It was the first time that we did gender things rather than couple. And it still clicked.

The speaker emphasized that Jesus had the strengths of all personalities with the weakness' of NONE. Something to strive for indeed.

David is with a friend today, help him finish some re-modeling projects so that he can leave his home in good shape for his wife. He's going to be on an extended trip away from home and didn't want to leave his projects incomplete. I stayed home to finish homework and do some studying. Next exam is Wednesday. I was able to re-arrange my work schedule so as to work Monday rather than Tuesday and have the afternoon/evening before the exam to study up. I'm anal though so I have to start studying for the next exam immediately following the previous.

Happy Fathers Day, Dad. I love you.

No comments: