11.30.2008

Job Search?

A note about my job situation (or lack there of). I have been looking for a job. Preferably something part time and ending mid-January but I haven't been super picky. I have applied to several. One offered me about 1/2 what I was making for my previous employer to do just about the same thing from home. Using all my own equipment. Just wasn't too enticing. I loved the idea of working from home but just not doing the same exact thing for 1/2 the pay. One was a social coordinator position, which I've been handling for our community group at church for a few months now and I have really enjoyed. The particular company responded and said that they wouldn't be able to consider me as a candidate because I don't speak Spanish. Hm. Sorry? Thought we were in the US where English was spoken........ Mostly I hear that I'm over qualified and too expensive. Most employment opportunities around here are for retail or places such as Starbucks. Despite my filling out that I was willing to make less, they see the rate of pay previously made and decide it's too much. Anyway, this completes my fourth week home. Surprisingly I've not been too bored. I'm swamped with homework and this past week David took off for the Thanksgiving holiday. It's amazing how much time I can spend clipping coupons, shopping sales (Wal*Mart matches ANY price so I just have to organize my ads and bring them in) and managing our finances. For the first time ever David brings me all receipts. =0) We've made changes in our habits and are coming out just slightly ahead of the game - even with Christmas shopping! I think we've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I probably won't work again until I complete my degree. Hopefully in less than 2 years. I received notice from Sam that once my transcripts are in I will have been accepted. I knew I'd be transferring (just wasn't sure where) so I had requested official copies sent to me. Now all I have to do is put them in the mail tomorrow. No waiting through the holidays for the schools to take care of it. Finals are in one week. I expect to make an "A" in Business Law, it will be a very, very, very close call in Finite Math. I have an exam Wednesday. If I make a high "A" on it then I should be able to make an "A" in the class with a "C" on the final. If I don't make that "A" I'll have to really do well on the Final. I've been reviewing homework and trying to prepare for the final already. It's accumulative - 16 weeks worth of some what disjointed math problems!!! Anyway, off to bed for me, I'm beat and tomorrow will arrive early!!

No comments: