11.28.2008

Shopping

I woke up this morning at 7 and decided I was going to try and hit a few sales. Since we aren't shopping for big ticket items I didn't figure we'd save too much but I was curious what kind of people are out shopping at crazy hours of the morning. Hubs decided, sleepily, from bed that he was coming. It took some time to get him roused and dressed. We had about $30 in our "dining out budget" because we've eaten out only once this month and we split a plate, so we spent next to nothing. I seduced David with the joys of Starbucks. ;-) Not nearly the treat for him as he gets it on the Company dime while traveling, but I haven't had coffee at Starbucks for a long, long, long time. He dropped me at the door of one store and went in search of coffee. By the time he got back I was ready to go so we went to the next store. And the next. And the next. Then we came home and had something of a brunch; fried eggs, left over breakfast potatoes from yesterday, left over baked beans from Tuesday night and pie. I had apple and David pumpkin. Now, an hour and a 1/2 later we are ready to hit the road. We are going to Home Depot. They have poinsettias for 99 cents which I'm excited about. I think they are pretty and we have a couple of parties that we can bring them to as hostess gifts. Also we are getting a real tree. We don't think it truly feels like Christmas until there's a REAL tree up and thankfully they are on sale!!

No comments: