6.16.2009

SUMMER

It's been HOT, in the mid-90's at least for several days - maybe a week - now in a row. No end in sight. Everyone is desperately watering their lawn in futile hope that it won't die. Most lawns look pretty brown indeed. Probably won't rain here for another week. Even I have our sprinkler out.

Sunshine loves the kiddie pool - going in and out so much that she sloshes enough water to merit a daily refill. She mostly prefers being out but often comes in for an hour or two nap in the A/C at the hottest part of the day.

Scratch - the big bum - just lays around. We can barely get him out in the heat to take a wee. He's taken to the couch.... Our neighbor came in through the garage today while David and I were out. She thought the dogs were out with me or something. Scratch didn't make a peep and as she was on her way out Scratch finally lumbered up for some lovin'. She called me at work to tell me what a marvelous watch dog we had. Such an alert and attentive safety system. We laughed about it for a while and figured that someone could pull everything out of the house but the couch and get away with it. I think he probably knows our neighbors scent. She's his BFF after all.

Not much is new. God orchrastrated an amazing job for me. I'm working 3 days a week for about 5 hours a day. It's in the neighborhood - close enough to ride my bike or walk. I'm assisting in the care of a young woman afflicted with MS. It's a wonderful job. I was afraid I'd end up with a night/weekend part time sales job at a WalMart or Target. I really didn't want to work 40 hours during my summer. And now I don't. No nights, no weekends and something I have really enjoyed thus far.

David is still plugging away. He's been taking a few more trips the last month or so than he has been since last years end.

Time to move the sprinkler around...

No comments: