5.03.2010

Keep Praying

Elizabeth was greeted by her Heavenly Father this morning as she greeted her Maker, Savior and Friend. Her family is grieving her loss but recognizes the joy that Elizabeth is experiencing. This doesn't mean prayers should cease. She left behind a husband, a new born premie that's just 2 pounds and three other children. Elizabeth also had many siblings, grand parents and more that have been left behind. So while we deal with grieve there is joy in the morning.

Below is something that Elizabeth posted just 8 months ago:

posted by Elizabeth Oct. 2009:

"I heard a song today that I'd heard many times before, but today it meant something to me.

I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame,
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord.
I'm trading my sickness, I'm trading my pain,
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord.

Are you willing to trade with God? He wants your hurts and sorrows. He wants to give you joy. You have to be willing to trade with him. We have to be willing to say "OK God, I'll let go of my rights and my wishes and do things your way." Then He loves to fill up our lives with joy that passes understanding. We have to realize that we are giving up only shadows and illusions and in their place we are given riches beyond measure."

No comments: